The Company may use various technologies, including cookies, tokens, tags, web logs, web beacons, scripts, and web server logs to gather automatically collected information and may aggregate this information from our website visitors or to enable certain features of our website. This information may include demographic data, technical information about the technology (e.g., phone, computer) used to connect to the website, web browser information, your IP address, and browsing behavior such as pages visited and how often they are visited (“Activity Information”). We may also use third-party analytics companies to provide these services.
Activity Information is captured using various technologies and may include cookies. “Cookies” are small text files that may be placed on your computer when you visit a website or click on a URL. Cookies may include “single-session cookies” which generally record information during only a single visit to a website and then are erased, and “persistent” cookies which are generally stored on a computer unless or until they are deleted or are set to expire. You may disable cookies and similar items by adjusting your browser preferences at any time; however, this may limit your ability to take advantage of all the features on our website. In addition, you may also have additional means to manage the collection of Activity Information by:
- Managing the use of "flash" technologies with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website;
- Clicking on the "Opt-Out" link at the bottom of the applicable home web page, if applicable;
- Visiting Google to "Opt-Out" of display advertising or customize Google display network ads; and/or
- Clicking on the Optum Pixel "Opt-Out" link.
- Clicking on the SessionCam "Opt-Out" link.
Please note that we do not currently respond to web browser “Do Not Track” signals that provide a method to opt-out of the collection of information about online activities over time and across third party websites or our website because, among other reasons, there is no common definition of such signals and no industry-accepted standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
We gather Activity Information about you in order to improve the quality of our services, such as the best method and time to contact you. Without limiting the other ways in which we may use Information as described herein, we may otherwise use and disclose your Activity Information unless restricted by this Policy or by law. Some examples of the ways we use your Activity Information include:
- Customizing your experiences, including managing and recording your preferences;
- Authenticating your account information;
- Marketing, product development, and research purposes;
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the Online Services;
- Developing reports regarding website usage, activity, and statistics;
- Assisting users experiencing problems with our services;
- Updating and servicing our website;
- Enabling certain functions and tools on the website; and
- Tracking paths of visitors to the Online Services and within our website.
As described above, we may use tracking technologies that allow us to recognize your device when you return to our website within a period of time, as determined by us, and to support automatic login to your website. To maintain your privacy, you should affirmatively log out of your account prior to your session ending (whether you end your session or we end your session, for example if our website has "timed out" – i.e. we have ended your session automatically after a period of inactivity as determined by us in our sole discretion). Unless you affirmatively log out of your account, you may be automatically logged back in the next time you, or any user of your devices visits our website.